Sunday, June 28, 2009

More Randomness

There's no rhyme or reason at all to what I'm about to type-just stuff going through my head. And now it's in yours.

-Can we slow down on the celebrity deaths already? We just barely processed Ed McMahon when Farrah Fawcett died. Then Michael Jackson swooped in and stole all the attention, and today pitchman extraordinaire Billy Mays checks out. It's too much. Hell, I'm still mourning Dom Deluise myself, gimme a minute to catch up.

I'm going to avoid any cruel jokes here because you can get that other places, but I will pass along a funny comment involving Michael Jackson's death. When I got in my car Thursday night, I heard the disc jockeys talking about it, but they just kept using his last name. So while on the cell phone with my wife Valerie, I mentioned that someone named Jackson had died. Her reply: "Oh no! Farrah Fawcett and now Kate Jackson? It's a Charlie's Angels conspiracy...who wants to kill the angels?"

Okay, one more thing. Since Michael Jackson died VH1 has been playing nothing but M.J. videos all weekend. Does that mean the cable access stations will run a Billy Mays Infomercial marathon? I'd watch it.

-We went to a wedding last night for one of Valerie's co workers. Congratulations to Andy and Heidi and best wishes for a happy ever after. The ceremony was pretty, and the food at the reception was really good. Free booze and prime rib, can't go wrong. Also I got to hang out with drunk teachers all night which is always fun.

-Attention moviegoers: If you arrive after the previews have started YOU ARE LATE! It is then your responsibility to find somewhere to sit without disturbing those of us who showed up on time. Yes, this may mean sitting in the front row, or in the seat on the far left right under the speaker, but that's how it goes. I have no problem letting people in and out of the row but common courtesy should prevail. I've made people shut the hell up for talking too loud (often by yelling at them louder or having management threaten them with eviction), so I have no problem telling you to go to hell if you're being a douche. And don't give me any of this "two wrongs don't make a right" shit, because sometimes they do.

Okay, enough of my bitching. I've actually go t more to bitch about (Hardee's at Boone's Crossing I'm looking at you), but it can wait for its own post. It will come though, after all what's the Internet good for but looking up obscure trivial bullshit that you don't really need to know and bitching online about trivial bullshit that no one really cares about?

-I strongly suggest anyone reading to check out the self-titled CD by the band Tinted Windows. Crappy name, excellent music. If you like rock songs with catchy choruses, loud guitars, melodies that won't leave your head and music that sounds great blaring out of the window all summer than this is for you. For those who aren't in the know, Tinted Windows is made up of members from Smashing Pumpkins, Fountains of Wayne, Cheap Trick and, um...Hanson. Don't let that last one bug you, because the MMM Bop kid has grown up and sounds good here. The only negative is that it's a side project so no major tour, and no guarantee of more music. Still, this could be the record of the summer, so check it out.

-Tessa update: Seven teeth now, two in one week. And there's a molar on the way. She's also beginning to show some early signs of counting-at 14 months! She can already say "two" and "nine" and there's something that sounds like "four-five". She's also mostly saying them in the right places, although "two" seems to come up a lot. Now having bragged, she probably won't do anything of the sort for months, but it's pretty cool right now.

That's it. I'm done for tonight. I'll check in a few times this week before I take my time off.

See ya.

No comments: