Friday, March 27, 2009

Aw crap.

There is a leak in my basement. I think the water is either coming up through the floor or down through a crack around the window. Either way, a two year old house should not leak. Somebody somewhere during the build screwed up. Of course, I am past the warranty on everything. So there's a guy coming out tomorrow to give a free estimate. That will be the last free thing I get.

If we're lucky all that will need to be done is fix a crack. If we're unlucky we'll have to replace the drywall (almost a given), carpet pad, carpet, sump pump and entire back yard. If we're terribly unlucky, there will be some mold removal too. Just a few days ago, Valerie and I were talking about how nice our house wound up being, discussing a few projects we could do and being all satisfied and happy. So that's how that works.

Tomorrow night is the Drive-By Truckers concert, which seems like it'll be my last blast for a while considering how much this basement thing is likely to cost me. Dude, did I just use the expression "last blast?" What am I, a dee-jay from 1985?

Anyway, things could definitely be a lot worse, so I can't complain too much, it's just frustrating is all. I'm going to eat some Girl Scout cookies now. Tagalongs rule.

No comments: