Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh, Right! I Have A Blog.

Can't believe it's been so long since I wrote anything on this blog. So here's some of the stuff I meant to write about in abbreviated form.

As far as the yard goes, I've convinced McBride (the builder) to come and regrade my yard, even though my warranties have all expired. The only trouble is it's rained just about every other day and the yard has been too wet to do any work. Frustrating, but somewhat understandable. Next week is supposed to be all dry so hopefully things will happen then.

I also filled in the holes under my porch and thus got rid of the rabbits that were in my yard. Or I buried them alive. Either way, problem solved. Unless there's such a thing as zombie rabbits...
nah, probably not.

On April 15th Tessa turned one year old. Yay! Of course we had the big family celebration and a good time was had by all, especially those of us who were trying to figure out how to make the talking caterpillar alphabet toy curse. Cousin Cory won the prize on that one. Gosh parenting is fun! Anyway, my girl was cute as ever and is just getting more and more amazing every day. I just have to remember not to teach her to curse.

And, last but not least, Mother's Day was last week. Valerie got two helpful books, one about paper crafts, seeing as how she makes her own cards for every occasion and does so well I might add. So she can get some fun ideas from that one. She also received a companion book to the T.V. series "Semi-Homemade" on the Food Network. She's a fan of the show and has mentioned wanting to try some of those recipes. Which, of course means new dinners for me, so that one's a win-win. Seriously, Valerie is a great mother and I'm happy to honor her on Mother's Day, and every other day too. Especially the next few years, 'cause once Tessa goes to school it's all macaroni cards and questionable flowers picked from a garden down the street. Gosh parenting is fun!

Okay, so that's all the important stuff. I've got some other ideas, but I'll do those posts later on. Going to bed now as I've got a late night tomorrow (Valerie and I are going out to eat and then to see Cracker as long as it's not a sold out show) and I've got work on Saturday.

For all who read, thanks for your patience with my irregularity. Also, thanks for waiting for these posts. Sorry, bad joke, even for me. G'night.

No comments: