Saturday, October 3, 2009

List Of Ten

Okay, I promised to post something here in between the Farm Aid stuff. There's a big post or two coming up soon but I'm not ready to go with that stuff yet. So instead here's a list.

TEN THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME

1. I have globophobia (fear of balloons).

2. My favorite classical composer is Vivaldi.

3. There is a non cancerous lump in my left lung. I named him "Lumpy".

4. Favorite snack: milk and chocolate chip cookies.

5. At age 37 I am still afraid of the dark.

6. When I feel depressed I go and buy something. Got that from Mom.

7. Last year I got very sick and thought I was dying. I asked God to let me live so I could take care of Tessa, and promised I'd read the Bible start to finish and spend more time in the Word. So far I have failed. Reading the Bible is hard for me. Any suggestions?

8. One of my earliest memories is of being driven to the hospital by my father after falling and cutting my head open. I remember being in the backseat yelling "Faster, Dad, faster!"
I'm sure it scared the crap out of him, but I was just enjoying going fast in the car. Sorry Dad.

9. I still think the band can "make it".

10. I have always been a bit of an introvert with low self esteem. I've just been good at hiding it.
However, in the past few years I've begun to be much more comfortable with myself, and I now like not just aspects of me but me altogether. Flaws and all. I credit my wife, child and most importantly God for helping me turn it around. Thank you.

There ya go. Enlightening? Interesting? Waste of time? Whatever it was, it's been a quick peek into this jumble of contradictions and wonderment that is Dave. At least the stuff I don't mind you knowing.

Farm Aid tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew all of that...except the word for the fear of baloons...which I assume you Googled.

Also, re: #7...did you promise God you'd read the Bible all within one year? Did you in fact put ANY time limit on it? If not...you're good. :)

Seriously, though, the secret to getting through the Bible is just reading it for however long you can in a sitting, even if it's not for comprehension--and don't feel guilty about how long (or not-so-long) you spent. Don't feel pressured to do it daily...just do it when you're able and/or motivated (I find the bathroom useful for said task, personally.) If God only gets one minute from you in a week, He's pretty happy about that. I'd like to think He high-fives St. Peter and says, "I just got a MINUTE out of Brink!!!" (And I mean that in the good way.)