Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Misc. Stuff

Okay, so I was going to do a whole blog about the election, but as usual my computer has been acting up. So I kinda feel like I've missed the mark. Therefore, I've decided to just keep my opinions to myself and wait until the inauguration to do a proper post. I think a lot of what I have to say will still be relevant, and maybe I'll have some new stuff too.



So here's some other stuff instead.



1. Christmas and Thanksgiving are both on their way. These are my two favorite holidays and they fall in my least favorite time of year. Hate cold, hate snow...love family, love food and love presents (giving and getting). I also love Christmas music, which is not very rock and roll of me but I don't care.



2. Speaking of Christmas, I've got some charity stuff going on here soon. Apart from my monthly stint at the food pantry, my family and I are sponsoring a family as part of our church's "Christmas Wishes" program. Also, I might be working a Christmas tree lot a few nights this year. I don't mean to toot my own horn here, just stating.



3. There are too damn many CDs and DVDs coming out right now. I don't know what to buy and what to put on my list. Today I panicked and bought Sammy Hagar's new record (called Cosmic Universal Fashion). Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of people can't stand the guy, but i still like him, and I'm in St. Louis so it's all okay. Anyone wondering if it's better than the last one, the answer is yes. Granted, it wouldn't be hard, but there's some decent stuff here, and a little experimentation going on too. Now I've only heard it once, and it's not perfect (I won't even listen to his cover of "Fight For Your Right To Party), but my initial review is positive. If you're a fan, you'll probably find something to like.

4. For some reason, as I type this, The 700 Club is on in the background. Everyone on it is full of shit.

5. I might be going to see Reverend Horton Heat on Friday. He's coming in with Nashville Pussy who I didn't even know were still together. I was supposed to see them years ago with Motorhead, but Ruyter got sick and they cancelled. Wow, that was like 1999 or so. That's a long time to wait for a band I only half liked. Also on the bill is a band called Reckless Kelly who I'm not familiar with but sound like they could be cool from what little I've seen online. At any rate, The Rev puts on a good show, so it should be cool.

6. I have some vacation days next week. Monday and Tuesday are vac. days, Wednesday is my normal day off, and Thursday is eatin' day. Awesome. I still have to go back on Friday (retail), but the time off is much needed.

I'll try to check back in next week.
Bye.

No comments: