Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Pox On My House

There's a lot going on in the Brink household these days.

First and foremost, Tessa has Chickenpox (that's what we said, "Chickenpox?!!"). We noticed it first on her chin last weekend and thought it was just a break out due to teething. The next day it was all over her body and she was clearly not feeling well. So off to the doctor we go and it's Chickenfoot. Pox, sorry.

Valerie and I were under the impression that with all the vaccines out there that the disease was not nearly as prevalent as in the past. We were wrong. According to the doctor it's still quite common. Which is why they still vaccinate for it I suppose.

Anyway, my girl's got it. She's lucky in getting it so early, but she's still kind of miserable. She goes from being her sweet self to being a screaming, crying terror. Completely understandable of course. Her fever comes and goes, as does her coughing and runny nose, and she's obviously quite uncomfortable. Fortunately we should only have a few more days of this, so we're looking forward to the weekend.

In other news, I've gotten three estimates on my crack in the basement. That came out weird but you know what I mean. Hopefully we'll be able to get it repaired in the next week or two and can get our basement family room back before too long. There's a little more drywall to be removed (which I can totally do now, thanks Ron) but it should be fairly painless and not nearly as expensive as I originally had feared. The problem will be getting drywall put up, but we want to leave the crack exposed for a while (heh) just to make sure everything is okay, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

On top of all of that the dishwasher started acting up. I think I've got it fixed now, but that's all we need is for the dishwasher to go out too. I mean we just bought a new dryer a few weeks ago, and with the basement to fix and Christmas coming up there's not much more that we can handle here.

But there's good stuff too. Valerie had another ultrasound today and the twins are doing well. Thanksgiving is around the corner and it appears as though my great aunts Stella and Clara are going to be able to come after all, even though most thought that the health issues surrounding them would prevent it. So that's good news. And as I said before Christmas is coming which is always a happy time in our house. We might have to watch the budget a little more than in years past, but we will still make it a great holiday.

That's all for now. I'm tired. G'night.

No comments: