Sunday, November 14, 2010

Update-Long Time Coming

Sorry it's been so long since an update. Here's a list of what's going on.

1. Spent this last week sick. I thought it was allergies on Tuesday, by Wednesday I had a severe head cold. Went to the doctor on Thursday and was diagnosed with a walking pneumonia. I am currently on the Z pack and have greatly improved. This is only the second day in a row that I haven't slept for like 16 hours. Not sure if that's good or bad.

2. The smoke detectors in my house have a history of going off for no reason. Here's the thing though, they don't go off when we're cooking (which would make sense), they go off in the middle of the night. Between midnight and 6:00 a.m. Not fun. They are all hardwired into the house so if one goes off they all go off. And each one is 80 decibels. It's like waking up in the middle of a Motorhead concert only less awesome. It happened so much that I no longer checked for fire, I just shut off the fuse, which is both sad and dangerous.

Thankfully I was finally able to sort out the warranty situation and got the company who installed the electric in my house to come out and fix them. So far, all's well.

3. Jake, my dog, is officially nuts. Now, he's always been nuts, but it's gotten worse lately. He can't seem to get full, and when he eats something he's not supposed to it's not some leftover parcel from the trash can. Nope, it's clothing. Specifically, the twins' clothing. There were two or three bibs he chewed up...and two or three that he ate entirely. He also completely ate one of Patterson's pajama sleeves, and the front of the jammies too (although he did eat around the snaps, so he's not stupid-just crazy).

I took him to the vet and we did some blood work to see if it was any clearly recognisable diseases. They also took a stool sample-no parasites found, but some yellow cloth with stars on it. Tessa's first bib. Nice. Anyway, the diagnosis is that he's either just whacked out or he's got inflated bowel. The only way to check for the bowel thing is to cut him open and do an expensive biopsy or do an expensive (and surely disgusting) colonoscopy. Or, we can just assume he's nuts, put him on Prozac and see if that fixes the problem. Doggie Prozac is like 10 bucks, so guess which one we picked?

Yep. Drugging him up. I wouldn't be so quick to do it to my kids since we don't yet know the consequences of all these drugs we've put into our kids over the past 15 years...but yeah, let's spike Jake's food and see what happens.

And on the lighter side...

July 17, 2010-Going to see U2 at Busch stadium here in St. Louis. It's the day before my birthday so that was a pretty easy decision for my family to treat me. Pretty excited about it, I haven't seen them since 1992 so it should be a lot of fun. I know it's early but...we're gonna need a baby sitter. Also, please, no funerals, weddings, family reunions, recitals or zombie apocalypses that day, okay? For my birthday(ish)? Thanks.

Okay, that's it for now. I'm going to eat my home made Frito pie and watch the Ram's game. Talk to ya later.

Doo-dah-dippity.

No comments: