Sunday, August 30, 2009

This week

My cell phone broke the other day. I don't mean it stopped working, I mean it broke. Physically. I have a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone. The design is a one piece, with a flip down cover. The cover is only over the keys (natch), but also doubles as the control for the Walkman. It is very thin, and if you're not careful, it will fall the hell apart when you open it. Seriously, it just, like disintegrated in my hands.

Not only did it come off, but it broke into pieces. One of the hinges is extremely important as it, well, acts as a hinge, but also sends the signal to the phone that the cover is open or closed. Kinda like the button in your fridge that registers the open door so the light will come on. Anyway, this hinge is now gone. So the phone is always open and I can't use the Walkman function, not that it ever really worked anyway. Worse, since there's no cover, there's no way to lock the keys and I'm pocket dialing. So the phone is pretty much useless, and the warranty is questionable. Wear and tear and whatnot.

Fortunately I still have my old phone. It's seriously out of date, but it works and it'll do for a while. Being on the in-laws family plan, I might be able to switch come spring, so we'll see. Thanks to Elizabeth for advice on switching the phones, and thanks in advance to my mother in law, Janet, for getting the warranty info tomorrow.

So what else?

The T.V. in our living room broke as well. The power does not come on to the television. In the past I'd have looked into fixing it, but I think we spent like 80 bucks tops on it, and it'd probably just about even out. So we're moving the television from our bedroom down. It's bigger than the previous one and really pops out in the room. We'd always said no television in that room, but things change. Now there's no television in our bedroom, but we probably don't really need it anyway, and it sets a good precedent so we don't have to give one to Tessa someday. Of course, by then she'll watch T.V. on her phone or it'll beam straight into your head or something like that, but whatever.

As far as the sleep goes, I suppose it's been getting better. I am still waking up at weird hours, but I seem to be staying in bed, so that's good. Thanks to everyone who asked.

And that's pretty much been this week.

No comments: