Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

2009 is going, and 2010 is almost here. It promises to be a humdinger of a year. Yessir, a humdinger.

Sorry, I have no idea what that was.

Valerie and I have learned that the twins we are expecting are fraternal-one boy and one girl. This is probably the best combination, especially for Tessa. Also there's virtually no chance of mixing them up like with identical twins. Which is good for all of us.

So needless to say it's going to be quite a challenge. We are already getting their room together slowly but surely. We are also doing our best to prepare Tessa for what's about to happen to her little world. It's hard to explain to a 20 month old, so we're just getting her used to the idea of 2 babies in the house (and in Mommy's tummy). For Christmas we got her twin baby dolls whom she promptly named Princess and Chicken. She's off the naming committee. But it's cute.

And as if that weren't enough, it appears that the Blue Tattoo CD will finally see the light of day this coming year, which means a lot of work to get it into people's hands and some gigging to promote it. On top of new babies, one very cute toddler, and a full time day job. I am going to be busy. Looking forward to it though-who needs sleep, right?

Anyway, I'm kinda glad to see this new year approaching. I've never been much of one to do the whole New Year's Eve thing. I don't like dealing with the drunks on Amateur Night (it's only slightly better the rest of the time), and midnight on the 31st of Dec. in any year doesn't mean much to me. Sure, the calendar moves but I don't feel any different. My new year begins on my birthday (July 18th-mark your calendars now people) and yours starts on your birthday too. But still, I understand the hype and since I am a member of society I accept the convention-if nothing else just for organization's sake.

So happy new year everybody. I'm hoping it's a good one for my family-and for yours too.

Your pal,
Dave

P.S.-Best of 2009 year in wrap up coming soon.

No comments: