Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sittin' On My Butt On Sunday

Hey, that sounds like a song...

Anyway, this Sunday is the final day of Playoffs for this Football season. Remember that bold prediction I made about the Jets? Well, they're in a position to make it come true this weekend. And since I'm seldom right about such things, it'd be nice to see that.

Look, I'm not normally a super sports guy, I'm a rocker/media geek. In fact, Football is the only sport I follow with any regularity. Not the only one I enjoy mind you, but the only one I'll clear my schedule for. Which is what I'm doing Sunday.

As a football fan, there are three days that are all important. Opening day, Super Bowl day, and Playoffs, especially the final round. With my work schedule being what it is I haven't seen much of the Playoffs this year. I've missed most of the Saturday games and had to do lots of stuff for the house on Sundays.I therefore reserve the right to sit on my butt this Sunday and in two weeks for the Super Bowl (which the greatest live band of all time, THE WHO will be playing).

So if you need me, that's where I'll be. I may answer the phone, but only between games and during halftimes. Now please, people, no emergencies on Sunday. Let me have this one okay? Thanks.

And just so you know, here's my BOLD PREDICTION for the rest of the season. The Jets will pull off an amazing upset over the Colts. And then they'll lose horribly to Drew Brees and the Steelers because that's how life goes for underdogs.

Okay, Tessa just yelled "Booger nose" at me. Gotta go.

No comments: