Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Update

1. Remember that experiment I started in September to see if I could get by with only cutting my hair twice a year? Well, I can't. Got it cut short this week. I still have my hair, it's just too thin to pull off the long thing anymore. Started looking kinda goofy, so it's back to the short style. Experiment failed.

2. However, a new experiment is about to begin. I have been putting together ideas for a new music based blog. I think I've decided on a name (thanks to my brother who suggested it), and I'm playing with the structure and content now. Hopefully it'll be up soon and I'll post a link here for anyone interested.

3. Okay, T.V. Viewers and People Of Impeccable Taste, sing along if you know it:

"Alan Bra-dy
A-A-A-lan Bra-a-a-a-a-a-dy
A-alan Brady
.....BUDDY SORRELL!"

Ran into an awesome sale at Barnes And Noble last night (buy 2 DVD get 1 free) and purchased seasons 1-3 of the Dick Van Dyke Show. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere recently and jumped at the chance to grab these sets up. The Dick Van Dyke Show is without question one of the funniest television shows of all time (easily top 5 for me). It has been out of National syndication for a few years now, but they'll always have a place on my TV set. Super excited for this one.

4. Speaking of last night, thanks to Dad and Susan for watching the kids so Valerie and I could go out together sans children for once.

5. The babies are getting more mobile. Patterson is close to crawling and Melody will be walking within a month. I may never sit or have peace again.

6. Recording on the oft-mentioned "Two Hangmen" project begins soon.

And that's about it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:
J!E!T!S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're letting me borrow those Dick Van Dyke show DVDs, right?

Sub-note: Every time I think of Dick Van Dyke now, I think of that Tim Cavanaugh bit... "What's wrong with 'Van?'"

Unknown said...

Too bad about the Jets. We will still have a good time at the Super Bowl party.
Speaking of the Dick Van Dyke show DVDs, I want to borrow them, too.
Thanks in advance