Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grumpy New Year

Another New Year is upon us. Winter makes me grumpy. So here's a list of stuff that I've been annoyed by lately.

1. People who come into a crowded room on a freezing cold day and say "Brr" loud enough for everyone to hear. Okay, first of all "brr" is not a word. Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure that in the English language you need vowels to have a word. "Brr" is just a noise. Don't make noises at me. Also, what's the point of saying "Brr" to begin with? Do these people think that they're actually doing us some sort of service by using this non word as way of informing us that it's cold outside? We all know. It's cold. Shut up, move on.

2. Guys who upon first meeting me call me chief. This has happened at work three times in the past month. I don't like it. Chief, really? I'm okay with most generalities so call me something else. Like "guy", "pardner", "man", "dude", "buddy" or "pal" would all be fine. Or, here's an idea, how about "sir?" These are all things I would be comfortable calling you upon our first meeting. Unless you call me "chief ." Then I will call you "jackass."

3. Okay, this one is Internet specific. anyone who comments on a thread (usually about movies) with the following: "___________ does not exist in this dojo." If that's the most intelligent thing you can come up with...if that's as funny as you get then you don't deserve the Internet.

Wow, that was a short list. This was supposed to be a longer posting. Maybe that should be #4.

After re-reading this for spellcheck and editing I feel it only proper that this post be dedicated to George Carlin. you can't shake your influences.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: #2... So you're saying you hated Grandma and Grandpa Brink?